There is nothing more empowering than cooking a perfect steak. If I ever have a child, they will learn how to cook a steak before they turn 13 — it’ll be my family’s right of passage into adulthood.
To cook a perfect piece of steak for a quick, easy, and freakinngg delicious dinner, simply do the following:
Dry Rub Flank Steak with Shallot and Rosemary
1 cut of flank steak
Dry rub of your choice
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1.5 tsp. dried rosemary
1 small shallot, sliced
1 tbsp. of butter
2 tbsp. beer or white wine
1/4 cup water
1. Season steak with salt, pepper, and dry rub on both sides.
2. Heat oil on medium in a stainless steel pan. Once oil is hot, but not smoking, drop in your steak and listen for the sizzle. For a medium steak, cook on both sides for 2 minutes or so.
3. Once the steak is cooked, remove from heat and let it rest before cutting into it.
4. In the same pan, cook the shallots and rosemary with all of the brown bits from the steak. Once the shallots have softened, pour in the beer/wine, water, and butter.
5. Drizzle the reduction over your sliced steak and enjoy. Then make another one.